Chris Federman of New Product Development at DuPont details some of the features of the DuPont™ Tyvek® ThermaWrap® R5.0 at HomeBuilder & Renovator Expo, part of The Buildings Show 2015, in Toronto.
The easy-to-install building envelope system consists of 1.5 inch thick R5 insulation. This breathable, 33 perm rating product allows for incidental moisture that may get trapped behind it to escape. Together, this creates a combined exterior and water/air resistive barrier, offering thermal protection.
It comes in a 4ft x 40ft roll and only requires fasteners along the top edge of the product to install.
Features and benefits:
• 33 perm rating
• Convenient, easy to handle 4’ x 40’ roll that allows for easier installation than rigid exterior insulation
• It breathes, allowing any water in the wall to dry and the moisture vapor to escape to the outside.
• Provides continuous exterior insulation (CI), increasing the R-value of the wall while reducing thermal bridging.
• Can be installed shingle fashion, reducing the potential for water infiltration and air leakage.
• Windows, doors and penetrations can be easily flashed using available DuPont Flashing Systems.
• Made with 20% pre-consumer, recycled polyolefin.
• Class A flame spread and smoke developed index rating with no added fire-retardant chemicals.
• Backed by a 10-year limited warranty.
• Energy savings and improved comfort for building occupants.
• Significantly reduces Home Energy Rating System (HERS) scores in various climate zones.
• Helps meet or exceed changing building and energy codes and standards.
• Increases the sheathing temperature decreasing the chance for interstitial wall condensation in heating climates.
• Supported nationally by the DuPont™ Tyvek® Specialists Network and the DuPont Building Knowledge Center.
For more information about DuPont and the company’s participation at HomeBuilder & Renovator Expo, please visit http://www.homebuilderexpo.ca/product/dupont-tyvek-thermawrap-r5-0/