Getting a Pre-Purchase home Inspection is a wise idea. It decreases the risk of unexpected and costly repairs and helps you feel comfortable with your decision of purchasing the home.
A pre-purchase inspection report is a relatively small investment that will give the home buyer peace of mind with the knowledge that they have bought a home that has been thoroughly checked over by a qualified building professional.
Building Inspectors have a statutory responsibility to inspect the work of builders at critical stages of the construction of a building. They are trained to inspect and it is the best decision you can make when it comes to having the single, biggest investment of your life thoroughly inspected for defects.
Hiring an unbiased, third-party inspector ensures that the home inspection does what it’s meant to do, protect you, the homeowner.
As a buyer, a home inspector:
• Alerts you to any deficiencies or safety issues.
• Ranks and prioritizes any deficiencies a home may have.
• Provides tips and recommendations for correcting deficiencies.
• Additional articles relevant to information contained in the report for further education.
• Can assist in acquiring financing and insurance.
Our Inspections Include:
• General safety and security for all rooms in the interior living space and building envelope, framing, structure and siding and soffits
• Doors and windows, foundations and crawl spaces, attics and garages/Chimneys/Walkways, patios, decks, and driveways/ drainage.
• We also test mechanical/electrical/plumbing systems for issues.
For condos and townhouses we:
• Review of strata council minutes to identify possible problem areas and assess maintenance schedules.
• Inspect all accessible common areas, general overview of roof, and building envelope.
• Visually inspect the common mechanical systems such as life safety systems.
We carry out 100% independent pre-purchase inspections. We are not connected to any real estate agency, and pride ourselves in undertaking professional inspections and providing comprehensive reports to ensure our clients will make informed decisions about the property they wish to purchase.
We use advanced technical inspection tools, including a thermal imaging camera, a video bore scope and a moisture detection meter.
This type of building inspection is carried out specifically to provide home buyers information. Its main purpose is to give you an expert’s view of the condition of the property you are interested in buying.
Contact us for more information (817) 873-8866